Tips On How To Create A Business Vision For Your Online Home Business
- by siteadmin
Every successful business has a vision, even if it’s something simple like “be the biggest in our industry”. So what is a business vision? It’s simply your goal for your company. It’s something more than just making money and it’s more than the usual “dream”.
A business vision is a statement about what you want to accomplish with your company. It can be anything, but there are some guidelines that you should follow when creating one:
– Make sure that your business vision is realistic (if not already done). A million dollars in three months isn’t going to happen no matter how much passion and determination you have.
– Keep it short and sweet, this isn’t something that needs to be 5 sentences long or consist of pages upon pages of text. One or two lines will do.
– Don’t make it specific… yet! This may seem counterintuitive because we’re trying to make a goal for our business here, but there’s a reason for it. You want your business vision to have some flexibility so that you don’t run into problems later on where you can’t do something because of your goals.
– Once it’s written down then feel free to start adding in specifics that are within the realm of possibility. If you want your business to be the biggest in the world then you’re never going to accomplish that right now with one individual company, but maybe with 10 companies all working together is what would work!
Once you know exactly where you want to go it will be much easier to get there. Take some time right now to visualize that perfect future. Describe in detail where you see your company being in one year’s time.
If you can’t think of anything specific, start with these three questions:
1) What do I want my customers/clients saying about me or my company?
2) What do want people to think when they hear my name/see my logo?
3) What type of position would I have within this industry?
Once you’ve finished this, write it down somewhere (for example here) and keep coming back to it every now and again. It is very easy for motivation to fade away so try doing this weekly or monthly at the beginning. As time goes by your vision will become clearer and you will figure out exactly what steps need to be taken in order to make it a reality.
Once you have created your business vision, how do you actually turn that into something real? Well, quite simply put, just do it! You can see your clear goal with your mind’s eye but if you don’t act on that then nothing will happen. Think about all of those dreams/goals/aspirations/beliefs that you’ve ever had. They are not real unless you make them real!
While having a clear vision is very important, it’s also vital to maintain flexibility. Your business plan must be able to adapt as the market changes and your company grows/shrinks/expands. This is part of what makes your vision realistic. You want to aim for something that is achievable but also slightly out of reach so that you continue striving for it thus keeping motivation strong, which leads us nicely into our next point…
4) Keep yourself motivated Don’t just create a huge list of goals with no way of achieving them. Once you have set out exactly where you want to go with everything, break down all of those goals into small tasks that you can tick off. This will give you that amazing sense of achievement every single time you complete something.
5) Remember why you are doing it You might be starting this company for a completely different reason, but make sure your vision includes what motivates you. Is it to gain financial independence? Be your own boss? Make lots of new friends? Give back to the community? Write down what your overall end goal is then write down the reasons behind it! These are exactly the things that will keep motivating you day after day as work gets harder and things don’t always go according to plan!
As long as your business vision is clear, achievable and realistic then there’s no reason why your home business couldn’t become a huge success!
Every successful business has a vision, even if it’s something simple like “be the biggest in our industry”. So what is a business vision? It’s simply your goal for your company. It’s something more than just making money and it’s more than the usual “dream”. A business vision is a statement about what you want…